The T-Bucket Nationals 2016 is sponsored by the National T-Bucket Alliance. We’re more than happy to help spread the word about this terrific event because if you own a T-Bucket, are planning to buy or build a T-Bucket, or if you just enjoy seeing the largest collection of cool T-Buckets together at one time this is a can’t miss event.
Indianapolis, Indiana is easy to get to from almost anywhere and if you’ve only got one day to attend the T-Bucket Nationals 2016, then make it Saturday, July 9th, because that’s the day for the ever-popular T-Bucket Car Show that will be held that afternoon in the parking lot of the official NTBA T-Bucket Nationals 2016 host hotel, the Clarion Waterfront in Indy. It’s free to view for the public and you’ll come away with so many new ideas that your head will spin.
For participants (T-Bucket owners) who are NTBA members registration is free. If you’re not an NTBA member, now’s a great time to join and then you’ll be able to participate in all the activities. To register, click here to go to the official T-Bucket Nationals 2016 Registration Page.
T-Bucket Nationals 2016 Tentative Schedule of Events
Monday July 4:
- Morning: Cruise to Ray Skillman Collector Cars Annual 4th of July Car Show
- Afternoon: Local Cruises
- Evening: Group Dinner?
Tuesday, July 5:
- Morning: Breakfast Cruise
- Afternoon: Local Cruise
- Evening: Group Dinner?
Wednesday July 6:
- Late Morning-Afternoon: Long cruise to Ropkey Armor Museum/Parke County/Turkey Run State Park/Covered Bridges
- Evening: First Registration
- Evening: Ice Cream Cruise
Thursday July 7:
- Morning: Registration
- Late Morning-Afternoon: Long Cruise to Brown County/Nashville/Bean Blossom, Indiana
- NTBA Bowling and Pizza Party at Sunset Lanes in Clermont Indiana.
Friday, July 8:
- Morning: registration
- Mid-Morning: NHRA Nitro Shop Tours (DSR/JFR)
- Lunch: Walt’s Hot Rods open house- Free Lunch Cookout)
- Afternoon: Local Cruise
Saturday July 9:
- Early Morning: Registration
- Morning: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum and Track Lap
- Afternoon: NTBA Nationals Show at Clarion Hotel Lot
- Afternoon: Annual Valve Cover Race?
- Early Evening: Raffle/NTBA National Meeting?
Sunday July 10:
- Mornings: Goodbyes
T-Bucket Nationals 2016 Hotel Info
The event will be held at the host hotel, the Clarion Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center on the west side of Indianapolis between the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indianapolis Raceway Park on US136. The Hotel is very accommodating to Hot Rods as they host the annual Road Rocket Rumble event that books the entire property for a weekend in June.
As for accommodations, NTBA has blocked the entire hotel on the official event dates. While there are some rooms blocked out for earlier in the week, it is not guaranteed. Please book as early as possible. This block is running out of rooms fast, but there are other hotels in the area. The event room rate is a reasonable $84/nite + taxes and fees. King Room and (2) doubles rooms are available. All rooms have a microwave and fridge. Rooms can be canceled a couple days before the event if necessary.
The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, and large area with tables and chairs. Hot continental breakfast is included. There is also a lounge on the east end of the hotel.
Small pets (35 lbs and under) are OK with a $25/stay fee and a deposit.
IMPORTANT HOTEL RESERVATION INFORMATION: ONLY call the number for the Clarion Waterfront at (317) 299-8400 not the Clarion 800 number, the corporate number, or the Clarion Hotels website. Only the actual hotel knows what is going on with the NTBA room block and the reservation must be made over the phone. Rooms are reserved under “National T-Bucket Alliance”. Please reserve as soon as possible!
T-Bucket Nationals 2016 RV Parking Info
For those of you thinking of bringing your RV in lieu of staying at the host hotel, your options are as follows:
1. No Utility Hook-ups required: The host hotel, the Clarion Waterfront, has graciously allowed NTBA members with RV’s not needing hookups to stay on the Hotel grounds. Parking for the RV’s will be in a grass area adjacent to the parking lot.
2. Utility Hook-ups required: RV parking at the Clermont Lions Club Park is available for $25/day. There are about 15 spots and they have 30A power hookups. Water is available at the park, but not at the individual sites. There is also a dump station at the park ($5). Reservations are not needed; it is first come, first serve. When you arrive, park in the spot you wish and then contact Gary Dean, the park manager who is onsite or at (317) 291-3694. The park is approximately 5 minutes directly west from the host hotel. The address of the park is: 3201 North Tansel Rd, Clermont, Indianapolis, Indiana
You can learn more about the National T-Bucket Alliance, the T-Bucket Nationals 2016 and other upcoming T-Bucket events at the NTBA website, www.NationalTBucketAlliance.com.
- Y-Block Ford T-Bucket: Ted Kramer’s Snoopy Inspires Me - February 11, 2023
- Terry Brown T-Bucket Sets the Fad-T Standard - February 10, 2023
- T-Bucket 100th Birthday! - January 1, 2023
2 thoughts on “T-Bucket Nationals 2016, July 6-9, Indianapolis”
I wish I had my dream T-Bucket (Copy of Norm’s T – Kookie T) and that I could attend the Nats. Sadly, I live in Nicaragua and my last rod (’32 Ford 5wd cp) is not a bucket.
Have a great time!
Luis Ramon Sevilla Somoza 🙁
Thank you Luis. Yes, it can be much more difficult building a hot rod in some other countries but, thankfully, the T-Bucket is probably the easiest because of its simplicity and the fact that all you need is a body and grille shell and you can then put those together with locally sourced components. Your ’32 Ford sounds cool. Here’s hoping that someday you’ll be able to visit the U.S. and take in one of the T-Bucket Nationals.