To feed that insatiable interest, along came a new hot rod supplier — not from southern California, but from the small Midwestern town of Fremont, Nebraska. Who could resist the urge created by the 1965 Bird Engineering ad announcing a new T-Bucket kit for only $169.95: at just $10 down and $9 a month, no less!
And, to show you how easy it was to build your own hot rod on a part-time grocery bagger’s budget, Bird offered their own unique T-Bucket plans, which were very comprehensive for the day. (Of course, no plans are as comprehensive as Chester Greenhalgh’s “How to Build a T-Bucket Hot Rod Roadster for Under $3000: kickin’ it old skool“, but that’s another story).
Here’s what the Bird T-Bucket plans include:
- How to scratch-build your T-Bucket frame using inexpensive 8 gauge sheet steel, rather than rectangular steel tubing.
- How to choose a rear axle and add batwings for rear radius rods.
- Using the frame itself for the front and rear spring perches (no additional brackets).
- Construction of tubular engine, transmission and cowl/firewall/steering box mounts.
- How to build a cool combination brake and clutch pedal assembly.
- How to use a ’49 to ’53 Ford front end assembly to construct your own tubular front axle with hydraulic brakes.
- Simple construction of front axle batwings and front and rear radius rods.
- Mounting the steering box, steering wheel, pitman arm, drag link, tie rod and how to choose shocks (if you wish).
- Wiring, construction of windshield frame and choosing gas tank.
- How to mount a one-piece fiberglass seat/floor/transmission tunnel/firewall support.
- And much more — if you like seeing how things were done “back in the day” you’ll absolutely love the Bird T-Bucket Plans.
We’re proud to have received official authorization to reproduce The Bird T-Bucket Plans and because we know that you’re a true T-Bucket lover we’ve added even more:
- The history of Bird Engineering/Bird Automotive, from its go-kart and mini-bike to T-Buckets and beyond.
- A collection of truly nostalgic Bird ads that were run in Hot Rod, Rod & Custom, Popular Hot Rodding, Car Craft and other magazines from the 60s to the 80s.
- Actual Bird T-Bucket photos.
- Plus, a special surprise bonus 7-page section that every T-Bucket fan will find fascinating.
- All wrapped up in an incredibly informative, useful and fun 49-page eBook you can download right now.
All this valuable T-Bucket hot rod building fun information is yours for only $7.99.
So, get ready to kick back with some nostalgic, fun and informative T-Bucket hot rod building information. To get your immediate copy of The Bird T-Bucket Plans and Story, click on the Download Now button.